Saturday, May 05, 2007

Bottom of the 4th or Top of the 1st?

At dinner tonight with Jason, Jessica and friends, I said something that's been knocking around my brain for a while - I don't feel like I'm at the end of my school year. I'm not ready to let these kids go.

Yes, I still have my down days. Yes, there are still those class periods that finish with my head spinning and me sure I completely missed the mark. But, those days are few and far between.

This year, for the first time, I'm not rounding out my 4th quarter on my last fits and spurts of energy. I'm finishing as though we're just getting started. Jason said he was feeling the same and we stared at each other for a second unclear of what to make of this feeling.

I'm still not certain of what to think. All I know is that 12 school days from now, I'm going to have the bittersweet feeling of seeing my kids move on to something new and leave our time behind.

More later.


technorati tags:, ,

No comments: